The Industry-Leading Manufacturer Adds Dolby Atmos Virtual Height Technology, Enhanced Connectivity and Advanced Multiroom Capabilities to the Affordable S-Series
VISTA, Calif. (April 30, 2019)—Today Denon®, the world’s leading manufacturer of premium home entertainment and personal audio products since 1910, announced three new S-Series AV receivers, theAVR-S950H, the AVR-S750H and AVR-S650H. Featuring Denon’s legendary amplification and sound quality, best in-class connectivity, new Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, HEOS Built-in for wireless multi-room music streaming, multi-assistant voice control, and improved setup experience, the latest S-Series AVRs are designed for anyone who wants an affordable way to dramatically improve their entertainment center.
“The new 2019 Denon S-Series AVRs provide music and movie enthusiasts with a simple and inexpensive solution to upgrade from a traditional sound bar. With features like automated room calibration and audio optimization alongside industry-leading sound quality, the S-Series are a great way to advance any home theater,” said Michael Greco, senior director of global brand management at Sound United. “With each update, Denon engineers tune the amplification, DSPs and component selection to deliver an amazing audio and visual experience. This year, Denon improved A/V performance by adding Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, eARC and ALLM support for gamers. Listeners can also expect the latest in wireless multi-room music streaming technology and support for Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Siri voice agents for easy control of your music.”
All three AVRs support eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) and ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode for gaming), which are features of the latest HDMI 2.1 specifications, in preparation for the anticipated 8K TV era.
The Denon AVR-S950H is a 7.2 channel home theater receiver offering a truly expansive array of features to support both home theater enthusiasts and neophytes. The AVR boasts discrete high-current power amplifiers on all seven channels, offering 185W peak per channel (6 Ohm, 1kHz, 1ch driven, 10% THD). With low impedance driver capability, it offers operational stability with a wide range of speakers for balanced, quality sound.
Designed to accept most sources, the AVR-S950H boasts a MM phono stage for compatibility with higher-end turntables, as well as HEOS built-in and Bluetooth for access to popular streaming music services like Spotify®, Pandora®, Tidal and more. Playback both lossy formats including MP3 and AAC as well as gapless playback of Hi-Res WAV, FLAC, ALAC and DSD (2.8/5.6MHz) files via the front panel USB and networked NAS, MACs and PCs.
For home theater uses, the AVR-S950H is capable of filling any height-enabled theater with Dolby Atmos, DTS:X decoder, along with Dolby Surround and DTS Neural:X up mixer technologies for channel-based content. Newly added is Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, which joins DTS Virtual:X to add height and surround virtualization to traditional, ear-level-only speaker configurations like 2.1 or 5.1. The AVR-S950H also features the latest video technologies, including Dolby Vision™, HDR10, HLG, eARC support, and 4K video upscaling. Media sources and TVs are easily connected with an array of eight HDMI inputs and two outputs with full HDCP 2.3 support on all ports.
HEOS Built-In Offers Multiroom Music Listening
With HEOS built-in, the S-Series AVRs can stream music wirelessly across compatible HEOS components from a variety of free and premium streaming services, including Spotify, Pandora, Amazon Music, TuneIn, iHeart Radio, Sound Cloud, SiriusXM, Tidal and more. Just as the remote control fundamentally changed the way we interact with our electronics; voice control has had the same effect. Listeners can use Amazon Alexa for a variety of commands, including switching inputs for different media players, while the Google Assistant and Apple’s Siri can be used to adjust the volume, skip to the next track, and more. Consumers can also enjoy their favorite music in any room of the home wirelessly. Play the same song in every room or select a different song for each connected room via a variety of streaming sources.
Industry-Leading Set Up
By visually guiding users through each step in the setup process, the Denon Setup Assistant makes the S-Series AVRs simple to connect and enjoy. Denon engineers know that each room presents its own acoustic challenges, so the AVR-S950H is equipped with premium room calibration technology from Audyssey to automatically measure and optimize the AV receiver to each unique environment, providing a truly immersive audio experience. For those consumers spinning their record collection, the AVR-S950H features a phono input enabling the connection of a turntable.
New 2019 Models
5.2 CH at 150W
7.2 CH at 165W
7.2 CH at 185W
4K Ultra HDMI
5 inputs / 1 output
6 inputs / 1 output
8 inputs / 2 outputs
Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization and
Powered Zone 2
Pure Direct Mode
Key Features on all 2019 S-Series AVRs
Video and HDMI
- New eARC: Enhanced audio return channel now supports latest lossless and 3D audio formats for audio transmission directly from the TV to the AV receiver through the connected HDMI cable.
- New HDCP 2.3: Supports latest copy protection standard on all HDMI ports.
- New Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM): Low latency gaming supported on Xbox One and requires supported TV.
- Incredible Color: 4:4:4 color resolution, BT.2020, HDR10, Dolby Vision compatibility and Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG)Supports.
- True 4K: 4K Ultra HD/60 Hz full-rate pass through and 4K video upscaling.
Audio and Surround Sound
- New Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology: Up mix Dolby content to add virtualized height channels (via future firmware update on 7CH models).
- Immersive 3D Audio (7CH AVR only): Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and DTS Virtual:X up mixing of DTS encoded content.
- Lossless Surround Sound: Support for Dolby True HD and DTS HA Master Audio.
- Premium DAC: 32bit AKM DAC allowing for high-resolution audio decoding.
- Hi-Res Audio: Ability to decode up to 24-bit/192-kHz ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless files as well as DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks.
- Universal Playback: Front panel USB input enables playback of MP3, WAV, FLAC, ALAC and DSD (2.8/5.6MHz) files.
Music Streaming and Smart Home
- New Party Mode: Play the audio from your TV to all zones. Play AVR’s main and second zones simultaneously, or group with other HEOS-enabled devices at home to listen to TV audio or any other HDMI/digital/analog sources throughout the home.
- HEOS Built-in: Wi-Fi music streaming and multi-room audio technology with compatible components. HEOS supports free and premium Spotify, Pandora, Amazon Music, TuneIn, iHeart Radio, Sound Cloud, SiriusXM, Tidal and more.
- AirPlay 2 Built-In: Use AirPlay 2 to stream Apple music wirelessly to the AV receiver, or group with other AirPlay compatible speakers to fill the home with music.
- Effortless Voice Control: Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant or Apple Siri for hands-free control of your wireless music and AVR.
- Bluetooth Enabled: Stream music wirelessly and distribute to Zone 2 or HEOS enabled speakers through the free HEOS app.
Setup and Ease of Use
- Room Calibration and Optimized Room Acoustics: Audyssey suite of EQ calibration technology for simple, accurate set-up and dynamic volume control.
- Quick Selects: The front panel and remote control feature four Quick Select buttons that store preferred audio settings for each source.
- Remote apps (iOS/Android): Denon AVR remote for basic AVR’s control and setup. Audyssey MultiEQ editor app available for purchase for further customization of room EQ curve.
The AVR-S950H ($599), AVR-S750H ($499) and AVR-S650H ($399) are now available at authorized Denon retailers. For more information on the latest additions to the Denon S-Series receivers, please visit usa.denon.com/us
Denon is a trusted world leader in the manufacture of the highest-quality home theater, audio and software products since 1910. Denon is recognized internationally for innovative and groundbreaking products and has a long history of technical innovations, including the development and groundbreaking commercialization of pulse-code modulation (PCM) digital audio and the first 13-channel AV receiver. Denon Electronics is owned by Sound United LLC. For more information visit usa.denon.com
About Sound United
Sound United is a division of DEI Holdings with an award-winning portfolio of audio brands that deliver industry-leading home theatre and personal audio listening experiences for a wide-range of consumers. Each brand provides an expansive array of audio products that includes high-end and custom installation audio, to mid-tier markets that cover loudspeakers, sound bars, AV receivers, wireless multi-room music systems, Bluetooth® speakers, amplifiers, turntables and headphones.
Dedicated to artfully reproducing audio for listeners and enthusiasts around the world, Sound United is comprised of Denon®, Marantz®, Polk Audio, Definitive Technology, Classé, Polk BOOM, HEOS®,Classé®, and Boston Acoustics®. Each brand offers a unique approach to bringing home theatre and music to life. Whether it’s through the legendary heritage of Denon, the classic sound of Polk Audio, the premium performance of Definitive Technology, the highly-sought-after amplification of Marantz, the action-inspired form factors of Polk BOOM, the wireless home audio solutions of HEOS, or the accessible performance of Boston Acoustics, Sound United is your sound — so listen.
To learn more about Sound United and its brands, visit www.soundunited.com.