VISTA, Calif. (May 22, 2018)—Marantz, a world leader in sound quality, today announced two new additions to its renowned line of slim AV receivers, the NR1609 and NR1509. With a svelte profile that offers excellent performance and good looks, the new 7.2 channel NR1609 AV receiver supports immersive, object-based audio and the latest video technologies. Users can enjoy their favorite music via Bluetooth®, Apple AirPlay or the HEOS app. Additionally, with support for Amazon Alexa, users can ask Alexa to play, pause or stop music, switch receiver inputs, turn up the volume, and more.
“Marantz has a legacy of providing absolute top-notch audio solutions for consumers who value sound quality, visual clarity, ease-of-use and beauty above all else,” said Emmanuel Millot, global brand director at Marantz. “The latest slimline network receivers continue to embody this tradition of excellence. Putting audio and video quality first, both receivers are packed with power and the latest video technologies. We’ve also added HEOS for multiroom wireless chops and Amazon Alexa support to easily control content with your voice.”
Powerful Amplification & Decoding Capabilities
The NR1609’s high-current discrete power amplifier section delivers exceptional sound with identical power on all seven channels (50W per channel: 8-ohm, 20Hz – 20kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 channel driven). With Marantz’s proprietary Hyper Dynamic Amplification Module (HDAM) circuitry, listeners enjoy improved through-rate, transient response and overall sound across the bandwidth. Additionally, Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and DTS Virtual:X is available, ensuring users have access the latest three-dimensional audio formats for their favorite content. It also plays high-resolution audio files like FLAC, AIFF and WAV up to 24-bit/192-kHz—plus, DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks let consumers enjoy music exactly as the artist intended.
Ultra-High Definition Video
With eight HDMI inputs including one HDMI input on the front panel for quick connection—and one HDMI/ARC output, each one supporting HDCP 2.2, 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, Dolby Vision, HLG, High Dynamic Range (HDR10) and BT.2020 pass-through, the NR1609 is a one-stop-shop for high-definition visual content.
Users can enjoy their favorite music services via Bluetooth, Apple AirPlay or the HEOS app, and control it all with their voice and Amazon Alexa. To use, download the HEOS Home Entertainment skill and ask Alexa to play, pause or stop music, switch inputs for different media players, turn up the volume, and much more. For vinyl lovers, both receivers come with an integrated phono input to easily connect analog turntables and enjoy the pure intent of each recording.
Easy to Use
With the assistance of an easy-to-follow setup assistant and Audyssey room calibration, users can follow the on-screen instructions for easy set up. Using the Audyssey MultEQ, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ, users can optimize their listening environment for premium sound. With the supplied measurement microphone, MultEQ analyzes each speaker’s output (including the subwoofer) and generates precision digital filters that optimize each channel for the correct frequency and time domain response. With an optional Audyssey MultEQ editor app available at $20 for both iOS and Android, users can further customize the room acoustics per user preferences (NR1609 only).
NR1609 & 1509 Features
- NR1509 boasts a 5-channel discrete power amplifier, 50W per channel (8-ohm, 20Hz – 20kHz, 0.08% THD)
- 6 HDMI inputs—including one input on the front panel—and one HDMI output with full HDCP 2.2, ARC and CEC support
- 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR10 and BT.2020, plus Dolby Vision compatibility and Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG)
- NR1509 supports Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio surround formats
- Ability to decode high-resolution audio ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless files up to 24-bit/192-kHz—plus, DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks via networking and front USB
- Built-in HEOS wireless multi-room audio technology
- Works with Amazon Alexa via the HEOS Home Entertainment skill
- Stream Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, Deezer and many others via Bluetooth, AirPlay or the HEOS app
- Integrated Phono input to connect turntables
- Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support (dual antenna)
- Commercial Integrator support; including IP control, Control 4 SDDP, Web UI, Works with Domotz Pro and Ihiji Invision for remote room monitoring and management, Remote In/Out, Flasher Input
- NR1609 boasts a 7-channel discrete power amplifier, 50W per channel (8-ohm, 20Hz – 20kHz, 0.08% THD)
- 8 HDMI inputs—including one input on the front panel—and one HDMI output with full HDCP 2.2 ARC and CEC support
- Supports object-based audio formats Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, as well as DTS Virtual:X height virtualization technology only with floor speakers
- Analog to HDMI up-conversion, 1080p to 4K upscaling capability, Picture Adjustment
- Commercial Integrator support; including IP control, Control 4 SDDP, Web UI, Works with Domotz Pro and Ihiji Invision for remote room monitoring and management, Remote In/Out, Flasher Input, Zone 2 preouts,
- ISF image calibration
The company can trace its roots back to the dawn of the first mono LP, when Saul Bernard Marantz, a native of New York, was unhappy with the equipment available to play his cherished record collection on. So he had to build his own! Saul officially founded the Marantz Company in 1953. Then, as now, the company’s cornerstones were quality and innovation. For over 60 years, Marantz has been developing unique technologies and bringing landmark hi-fi and home entertainment products to market through its tireless and extensive R&D programs. Such commitment to audio and video excellence ensures each Marantz design delivers class-leading performance. Marantz is a part of Sound United LLC. Additional information is available at www.us.marantz.com.
About Sound United
Sound United is a division of DEI Holdings with an award-winning portfolio of audio brands that deliver industry-leading home theatre and personal audio listening experiences for a wide-range of consumers. Each brand provides an expansive array of audio products that includes high-end and custom installation audio, to mid-tier markets that cover loudspeakers, sound bars, AV receivers, wireless multi-room music systems, Bluetooth® speakers, amplifiers, turntables and headphones.
Dedicated to artfully reproducing audio for listeners and enthusiasts around the world, Sound United is comprised of Denon®, Marantz®, Polk Audio, Definitive Technology, Polk BOOM, HEOS®, Classé®, and Boston Acoustics®. Each brand offers a unique approach to bringing home theatre and music to life. Whether it’s through the legendary heritage of Denon, the classic sound of Polk Audio, the premium performance of Definitive Technology, the highly-sought-after amplification of Marantz, the action-inspired form factors of Polk BOOM, the wireless home audio solutions of HEOS, or the accessible performance of Boston Acoustics, Sound United is your sound — so listen.
To learn more about Sound United and its brands, visit www.soundunited.com.