Marantz introduces three new Network AV Receivers
Renowned Manufacturer Expands SR-Series Receiver Lineup with the Latest Home Cinema and Streaming Technology, including Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Auro 3D, and Apple Airplay 2
VISTA, Calif. (Aug. 2, 2018)—Marantz®, a world leader in sound quality, today announced the expansion of its SR-series network AV receivers with three new models: the SR7013, SR6013 and SR5013. The powerful 9.2 channel Marantz SR7013 provides five channels of immersive surround sound as well as an additional four channels for dedicated height speakers to reproduce the sound all around you. With 3D technologies like Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and Auro 3D, dealers and consumers have the flexibility to build more immersive, detailed and dynamic home theater systems. Amazon Alexa voice control and Apple Airplay 2 compatibility ensure the new SR-series are capable centerpieces for even the most modern home entertainment system.
“For more than 65 years, Marantz has produced some of the purest sounding and most visually stunning products for music lovers, critical listeners and home theater buffs worldwide,” said Emmanuel Millot, global brand director at Marantz. “The latest additions to the SR-series receivers continue building on that legacy of exceptional home entertainment experiences by adding in technologies that consumers care about most, including 3D immersive audio, Apple Airplay 2 and stunning visual pass-through capabilities.”
High-Performance Amplification & Decoding Capabilities
Prioritizing rich, powerful audio, the SR7013 features high-current discrete power amplifiers on all channels to deliver 125 watts of power per channel (8 Ohm, 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 0.05% THD, 2 channel driven). Marantz’s proprietary Hyper Dynamic Amplification Module (HDAM) circuitry provides optimal fidelity and maximum dynamic range of high-resolution files for stellar sound quality. The SR7013 also supports 3D immersive audio with Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Auro-3D and DTS Virtual:X. Elevating the home theater experience to create lifelike audio, the legendary Marantz sound quality can be experienced via users’ favorite music, games, movies and more. It can also decode up to 24-bit/192-kHz ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless files as well as DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks, empowering users to experience content exactly as the creators intended.
To more fully support the custom installer, the SR7013 works with ihiji Invision remote system management and Domotz Pro remote monitoring and management technology. These programs empower integrators to monitor the status of connected products and troubleshoot remotely from a separate location, or on-the-go. HDMI diagnostics mode is supported for on-site trouble-shooting of HDMI related audio/video issues via the receiver’s front panel operation.
Advanced Visual Technologies
Each of the SR7013’s eight HDMI inputs—including one on the front panel for easy access connection—supports HDCP 2.2, 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, Dolby Vision, HLG, High Dynamic Range (HDR10), 21:9 video, 3D and BT.2020 pass-through. No matter the format, the SR7013 caters to users’ desire for high-definition visual content.
Marantz will also unlock two HDMI 2.1 specification features via future firmware update, eARC and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM). eARC will enable the transmission of object-based audio from TV applications. ALLM will automatically switch the AVR to low latency mode when connected to an Xbox One and any TV model that also supports ALLM, ensuring the most responsive and enveloping gaming experience possible.
For a convenient listening experience, users can enjoy their favorite music services via Bluetooth, Apple AirPlay 2 or the HEOS app; Spotify, Pandora, Sirius XM, TuneIn, TIDAL, Amazon Music, Deezer and more are supported. For hands-free control, the SR7013 also boasts Amazon Alexa voice compatibility. Upon downloading the HEOS Home Entertainment Skill App, users may ask Alexa to play, pause or stop music, switch inputs across different media players, adjust the volume and much more.
Additionally, the SR7013, SR6013 and SR5013 will support AirPlay 2 via future firmware update this summer.
Set-Up and Configuration
For easy set up and configuration, the SR7013 is equipped with the full Audyssey Platinum suite that will perfectly tune your room with advanced DSP algorithms, and features Audyssey MultEQ XT32 automatic room acoustic correction. Audyssey MultEQ, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ optimize the listening environment for premium sound. With the supplied measurement microphone, MultEQ analyzes a speaker’s output—including the subwoofer—and generates precision digital filters that optimize each channel for the correct frequency and time domain response. With an optional Audyssey MultEQ editor app available at $20 for both iOS and Android, users can further customize the room acoustics per user preferences.
SR7013 Key Features:
- 9.2 channel AV Receiver with 11.2 channel processing capability
- 125 watts per channel (8 Ohm, 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 0.05% THD, 2 channel driven)
- 8 HDMI inputs (including on in front) with full HDCP 2.2 support; 3 HDMI outputs (including Zone 2)
- Advanced video processing with analog to HDMI, SD to HD/4K Upscaling
- HEOS built-in to provide streaming music from Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, Pandora, SiriusXM, Amazon Music, TIDAL, Deezer and more with Bluetooth, Airplay2
- 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, Dolby Vision compatibility, HDR10, HLG and BT.2020
- Three-dimensional audio formats Dolby Atmos, DTS:X (up to 7.1.4 with an external 2ch amplifier), Auro-3D and DTS Virtual:X for height virtualization effects
- eARC (Enhanced Audio Return channel) supports the transmission of 3D audio from TV applications with a single HDMI connection (via future firmware update)
- ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) supports best gaming experience (via August 2018 firmware update)
- Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support
- Enjoy multi-room whole-home audio streaming with HEOS technology
- Amazon Alexa voice control via the HEOS Home Entertainment skill
- Marantz 2016 AVR remote app for control over the latest generation of Marantz network AV Receivers. Available on iOS and Android.
- High Resolution DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC and WAV support
- AKM AK4458 32-bit D/A converters, HDAM circuit boards and Current Feedback circuitry for optimum fidelity and maximum dynamic range
- Suite of Audyssey room correction software: Audyssey MultEQ XT32, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ, LFC and Sub EQ HT
- Seamless out-of-the-box experience with Quick Start Guide, guided Setup Assistant and Marantz AVR Remote App
- Hybrid PLL Clock Jitter Reducer for pristine sound that’s immune to disruptions in the surrounding environment
The Marantz SR7013 ($2199) will be available in September. The SR6013 ($1499) and SR5013 ($999) are currently available at authorized Marantz retailers and online at www.marantz.com/us.
The company can trace its roots back to the dawn of the first mono LP, when Saul Bernard Marantz, a native of New York, was unhappy with the equipment available to play his cherished record collection on. So he had to build his own! Saul officially founded the Marantz Company in 1953. Then, as now, the company’s cornerstones were quality and innovation. For over 60 years, Marantz has been developing unique technologies and bringing landmark hi-fi and home entertainment products to market through its tireless and extensive R&D programs. Such commitment to audio and video excellence ensures each Marantz design delivers class-leading performance. Marantz is a part of Sound United LLC. Additional information is available at www.us.marantz.com.
About Sound United
Sound United is a division of DEI Holdings with an award-winning portfolio of audio brands that deliver industry-leading home theatre and personal audio listening experiences for a wide-range of consumers. Each brand provides an expansive array of audio products that includes high-end and custom installation audio, to mid-tier markets that cover loudspeakers, sound bars, AV receivers, wireless multi-room music systems, Bluetooth® speakers, amplifiers, turntables and headphones.
Dedicated to artfully reproducing audio for listeners and enthusiasts around the world, Sound United is comprised of Denon®, Marantz®, Polk Audio, Definitive Technology, Polk BOOM, HEOS®, Classé®, and Boston Acoustics®. Each brand offers a unique approach to bringing home theatre and music to life. Whether it’s through the legendary heritage of Denon, the classic sound of Polk Audio, the premium performance of Definitive Technology, the highly-sought-after amplification of Marantz, the action-inspired form factors of Polk BOOM, the wireless home audio solutions of HEOS, or the accessible performance of Boston Acoustics, Sound United is your sound — so listen.
To learn more about Sound United and its brands, visit www.soundunited.com.